8 large eggs
2 cups kale, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
optional extra ingredients (i.e. onions, cheese, mushrooms, cooked bacon, etc.)
- Preheat broiler to high.
- To a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork, add salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- To an oven-safe cast iron skillet, add the olive oil, kale, green onions, and cook over medium-high heat until kale wilts slightly, about 1 minute.
- Evenly sprinkle the tomatoes, any optional ingredients, add the eggs, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until edges begin to set. Swirl the pan lightly every 30 seconds or so which helps the eggs cook evenly.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for about 1 minute, or as necessary for the center to set.
- Remove skillet from oven before you think you need to so eggs don’t become overcooked.
- Cool for a few minutes, then garnish with green onions.
- Enjoy immediately